About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

You Know It's Close to Halloween When~




My very creative friend Nancy, made this "adoreable" witch! She told me she has had several bad hair days since she landed in their front yard. Tonight she looked quite charming, don't you think?
Halloween stirs up all kinds of memories. My dear dad loves poetry and the poem I'm leaving with you today if from my childhood. I recite it to my classrom now during Poetry Recital Day. It is a classic!
"The Witch"
She sits upon a little stool, and stirs her big black pot,
She places wood upon the fire to make it very hot.
Her nose is long and crooked, she wears a pointed hat,
By her side a broomstick and on her lap a cat.
Her home is just a hovel, in the middle of a wood,
And from what they say about her, she isn't very good.
Nor is she very friendly, and she lives there all alone,
Except for that big pussy cat, that's only skin and bone.
A witch she is, and therefore she whisper magic spells,
But what it is she murmurs, she never, never tells.
Hanging in a corner are bats with outstretched wings,
Rats and beetles, frogs and worms, and other creepy things.
They all go in the mixture, that she's stirring night and day,
And I've never heard of any, that ever got away.
I wouldn't like to meet her, I might go in the pot,
And though I'm really very brave, I think I'd rather not.
Whatever spells she whispers, and whatever she may cook,
I'm glad she's just a story, in my sister's fairy book.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your visit. It has been too long. She is a cute witch, isn't she? You have that poem memorized? The ones I remember are only 3-4 liners.

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

lol - I have to rememorize it every year. I have a few part always...Her home is just a hovel in the middle of the woods!

Sandra said...

I LOVE the witch, I had one back in Idaho last halloween but we had a really bad storm one night and the next morning all that was left of her was her hair and body frame LOL

Loved the poem :)

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

I think the witch is super cute. Too bad not too many of my mom's creative habits were passed down to me. I will tell you she (my mom) set the standard very high.