About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Guest Blogger/Veggie Burger


Veggie Burger
“Butter beans mashed and combined with onion, jalapeno pepper, bread crumbs, egg, and cheese, then shaped and fried into vegetarian burgers. I made this for lunch and was so blown away by how great they tasted, I had another one again for dinner.”
INGREDIENTS:
1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained
1 small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
1/2 cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS:
1. In a medium bowl, mash butter beans. Mix in onion, jalapeno pepper, bread crumbs, egg, cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Divide into 4 equal parts, and shape into patties.
2. Fry on a hot skillet 3-4 minutes per side.
3. Assemble burger and dress with your favorite toppings.
Sweet J @ September 29, 2007
Thanks for doing all the work Jason. I had a great time visiting this weekend.
Visit J's blogspot at http://www.emptymind.org/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds good..... I hope you had a great visit. Then Jason compliments you on your blogging-amazing mom!

Sandra said...

Sounds so good, thank you for sharing the recipe :)

La Tea Dah said...

Great recipe, thank you! I'll have to try it --- we love veggie burgers at our house!

:) LaTeaDah