About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Watermelon




It is the chief of this world's luxuries, king by the grace of God over all the fruits of the earth. When one has tasted it, he knows what the angels eat. It was not a Southern watermelon that Eve took; we know it because she repented.
- Pudd'nHead Wilson

We bought a watermelon this weekend at the Farmer's Market. It is probably the best one we have had all summer. I now realize summer is almost over, time to start looking for the beauty of fall leaves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a individual size watermelon from out of out OWN garden. Not the best taseting, but definitely the best we have have grown. We have had a few cantelopes out of our garden this year too. Tasty! I think we will grow them again next year.

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

I love garden fresh food, for that reason I wish I still lived in Utah county by my dad! I can grow a few things, but nothing like his place. I don't think he did much on his lot this year, but his backyard is full of lots of good things.