About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Welcome to My Neighborhood

The tour of my neighborhood begins at the Aquatic Center downtown. This is where I should be exercising ~ but I think I would rather be blogging!

Next stop is the Aerospace Museum, lot of really cool planes on display.



Antelope Island is the closest thing we have to a beach. White sand beaches have called us often for sunbathing and picnics(don't have time to tell you about our Dr. Pepper can experiences, but those of you who know me will remember for sure!). There are hiking trails, sailboat maraina's, and camping facilities where you can watch beautiful sunrises and sunsets.


The best firework show around can be seen in our home town. This year we drove for 70 miles on the interstate and when we arrived home we were just in time to catch the finale...what a show!


The Farmer's Market is held on Friday afternoons. There are always plenty of treasures.
July kicks off the outdoor theatre season in our hometown. This year performances "Footloose" and "A Midsummer Night's Dream" were delightful.


This is a picture of Steed Pond which is getting very close to our street. My son took this gorgeous picture. We have spent lots of summer days at this park, where you can watch an evening of softball, play tennis, walk the trail, and we even fly model airplanes with the grandkids.



Here is an oldtimers slide. Anybody remember these?

Our summer sunsets are dramatic!


Standing on my front porch watching a down pour.




I have plenty of bird feeders in my backyard. This one was of the homemade variety. The grandkids thought it was awesome. Watching the birds is one of our favorite hobbies.



For every holiday our scout troops line our street with flags.




My backyard patio is ready for fall.






You are invited anytime for breakfast, lunch or dinner!


We also have an annual Pumpkin Carving Party...bring your best pumpkin and join in the fun. There is always tons of food, kids, and a pumpkin to carve.

Soon the snow will be back. Here I am in the driveway of our home ~~~ THINK SNOW one of our state's mottos.

The best thing about our neighborhood, is that our daughter lives next door. The dog enjoys trips daily through the backyard fence.


Good Night Moon September 16th

Thanks for visiting and thank you Kathleen Marie for putting it all together. Happy traveling everyone.

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved the visit through your town. you picked some awesome sights. i do want to know the dr. pepper story. and yes...your town does have the BEST fireworks around!
loved the picture of antelope island.

Anonymous said...

the backyard and patio look wonderful all ready for fall.

Anonymous said...

beautiful town!

Peggy said...

Wonderful neighborhood!!

Jen said...

This was great. I enjoyed my tour...I love the pumpkin carving how creative. And yes the snow will be there before you know it. Thanks for the tour....

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tour you gave us. Thanks. The photo of the pond and the pumpkins glowing are great. Blessings on you and may it snow...later of course.

Terri Steffes said...

Loved your tour! I love the scenery and your patio! Come and visit me, too!

Susan said...

Lovely tour. Thanks for sharing with us.
Susan

Susie Q said...

LOVE it!!

I would love that pumpkin carving contest!! Such fun!

Hugs,
Sue

Carole Burant said...

Thank you so much for such a wonderful tour of your neighbourhood:-) I live in Northern Ontario, Canada and I'm so enjoying being able to visit the States from my computer chair!! I'm very familiar with those kinds of snowfalls! lol Beautiful pictures!! xo

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Thank you for that tour! What a lovely neighborhood!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Hey - I came here via the Neighborhood Tour. Where the heck is Steed Pond? Steed's my maiden name and it's also my youngest child's middle name. I'll have to show him the picture of this Steed Pond (he'll think it's named after the family. lol).

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Thanks for the wonderful trip!! What a beautiful place..Sandy

Overwhelmed! said...

Wow, your pictures are fantastic! I really enjoyed looking at them all. You live in a truly beautiful area. :)

Thanks for sharing!

My “Welcome to My Neighborhood” post is right here.

JANET said...

Beautiful photos. You have some fantastic scenery nearby!

Ms. Kathleen said...

What a gorgeous area and I thought we were nicknamed "Snow!".

Thank you so much for sharing. I just love that lake and four season is so important, although shorter winters around here wouldn't hurt!

Thank you so much for participating in Welcome to My Neighborhood! God Bless!

Sandra said...

Oh my what a beautiful town and gorgeous pictures. The one of the pond is just amazing.

Thank you for the tour :)

Anita said...

How beautiful! I miss watching the birds...Here in the FEMA trailer park where we live, there are no trees, and so no birds or squirrels!

Dawn said...

Thanks for coming over to visit today - this has been such fun. I would love to know the Dr. Pepper story!

You have a beautiful place to live as well - I LOVE beautiful sunsets and sunrises, as you can tell. I couldn't place where you live, but it has snow and rain and other lovely things.

Come back any time!

Sue Seibert said...

Love the tour of your neighborhood. I see you're an educator, too. Raf and I are retired educators...and glad to be. We miss the kids, but not the adults and the paper work.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Detroit said...

Wow, this was such a fun walk through your neighborhood. I enjoyed how you captured all the seasons!

Moonshadow said...

Hi, LeAnn! I saw your post on Prairie Dreams blog comment and your name caught my eye. My name is Leann, also (with a little "a"). When I was young I was the only "Leann" I knew, so anytime I find someone with "my" name I just have to say "HI"! Wonderful pictures and writing on your blog. I have enjoyed cruising through it.

FarmHouse Style said...

Thanks for the tour of your town. What a beautiful place to call home. Your son has a really good eye for photography. Enjoy the snow when it comes. We don't get much of that here.
Rhonda

peppylady (Dora) said...

Thank you for the tour of your neighbor hood.
I haven't been to that many large cities but I think it would be interesting to see a Aerospace museum

Unknown said...

What a great place to live! I particularly love the Farmer's Market. How fun that would be for me. I just came home from the grocery store with bananas, oranges, pears, peaches, lettuce, cucumbers, onions, brocolli, cauliflower, spinach and green beans.

And cheese.

Ha!

See, I'd have fun. I love the beautiful scenery. And yes, I remember those slides. My own boys used them when they were little. Now it seems everything in the world is plastic, and breakable.

Thanks for the lovely tour. It was so much fun. You have a beautiful home and neighborhood.

Unknown said...

Are you a third grade teacher? (I've been reading further on your blog). I love third grade teachers! I used to be one. For many years. Now I am a retired third grade teacher. I use the word retired loosely because I am not really OLD enough to be retired, but I am home full time by choice and would like to stay here.

But I love third grade teachers!

Unknown said...

I hope you will post a picture of your sweet chillin's with their quilt. I have never made a fabric quilt with my students, but I did a paper quilt for the wall, a friendship quilt, when we were reading Little House on the Prairie. That was fun too!

Tammy said...

What a great tour! That picture of the pond is so pretty...and the sunset- wow! That's one of the best sunset pictures I've seen!
Thank you so much for the fun tour!

Anonymous said...

Love the tour! So beautiful! YOu have a lovely home and a lovely town. I think that when my daughter gets older I am going to steal the idea of an annual pumpkin carving party. That sounds fun!

Robin said...

What a lovely tour! And you get to live next door to your daughter - what a blessing!
I love your patio - it reminds me of mine. I just posted my tour - I hope you can come and visit.