About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Keeping Quilt & Quilting Day

Every year after we have read "The Keeping Quilt we attempt to make a quilt of our own. Here we are ready to start. Our expert quilter Mrs. McKellar is very patient and gives lots of good instructions.

The girls are learning and listening to every word.






Everyone had a turn tying at least 10 knots.





With lots of wonderful help,
we accomplished our objective.


EVEN WITH A BROKEN FINGER!









Look how cute we are!

Ta-Dah! We did it!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a great teacher. every child who has been in your class is LUCKY!

Unknown said...

I love it! And I agree with above, who thinks you are a great teacher. To go above and beyond the call of duty really makes the learning experience rich. That is something they will always remember.

Thanks for posting. Your third graders are wonderful! But you know that already.

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

Thank you, Thank you, a nice way to awake this morning with such thoughtful comments. This is actually last years pictures. I have such a busy few days planned, I wanted to post the quilt pictures. I'll put this years pictures up in a slide show next week.

Anonymous said...

how much quilting did you learn w/ grandma & her quilters. Keep up the good work.
Mom

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

I liked to watch! I remember Grandma always having a big quilt in the middle room of the house. It was always fun to have a hut under the big quilt!

ohiofarmgirl said...

Oh, what fun! I would love to be in your class too!!!
I have been trying to teach myself to quilt for years...I'm still not very good but I continue to try...I love it! Dianntha

Overwhelmed! said...

That is so neat! I wish you would've been my teacher. :)

So, what do you do with the quilts that you make? Who gets to keep them or do you donate to someone?

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

My class has been making quilts for 8 years. The first 4 I donated to local auctions, the last four I have decided my own children need them for a rememberance of me. The materials to make the quilts and all the other projects that go along with the week long activites are all purchased with my own funds. The experience the students have with this is one of long lasting joy of learning. It makes teaching a very rewarding profession.

Anonymous said...

lucky, lucky 3rd graders who have you. C/Ya soon!

Crissybug said...

When I was younger my Aunt made quilts alot. Seeing these pictures brought back memories of when we would help her. You guys did a beautiful job!