About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Fabulous Focaccia Bread


Sunday Dinner

My favorite sandwich at "Roosters" is Blackened Salmon on Focaccia. Today I gave the bread making a try. It was easier than I thought and I think it turned out fabulous.

1 1/2 c. warm water, warm 110 degrees
2 teaspoon honey
2 1/4 t. yeast
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. rosemary
1 t. basil
1 t. salt
1 T olive oil
3 3/4 c bread flour

Mix the water, yeast and honey together with 1/2 cup the flour and let sit for 10 minutes. Combine all ingredients and mix until a stiff dough is produced; knead for 6 to 8 minutes. If you have a mixer with a dough hook or a bread machine the job will be much easier. After mixing put into an oiled bowl and let rise until double in size. Mine took about 30 minutes. Take out and roll out to the size of your cookie sheet, I use my Pamper Chef Pizza Pan. After you have rolled it out poke it with the end of a wooden cooking spoon. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, rosemary, basil, and garlic salt to taste. Cover and let rise again about 20 - 30 minutes. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks yummy!

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

I was!

Anonymous said...

i really enjoy making bread, although I haven't done it in a long time. The ingredients are so simple, yet the quality and taste of the bread is so much more, I think you can actually taste the care and love you put into each loaf.

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

and the aroma in the house is so wonderful. I also added mozzarella to the top of the focaccia.

Anonymous said...

I am trying to find a bread to make for BC. I made this recipe today, using GF flour and no garlic. Tastes pretty yum. not fabulous though. Probably will make it agin for BC.
see you then.