About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, October 6, 2007

I Think Fall House Cleaning started....when????

Did you ever have to just give in and clean house? I’ve visited many blogs over the last 6 months and Fly Lady http://www.flylady.net/ has some really great ideas. When I found this site my adrenaline rush was overwhelming, I even bought her ostrich feather dusters(I'll post a picture soon). They are fantastic…if you use them! But all too often I find myself living in what she calls CHAOS (Can’t Have Anyone Over Syndrome). So, I started by shining my sink. Love it and it’s easy! Fly Lady gives fair warning about other members of your family not being passionate about your sink and believe me, she's right. I put nice towels so anyone who uses the sink can wipe it down....they use the towels to wipe their hands!

I thought I could move on to other projects that she suggests, but no such luck. Maybe I’m just not like most people who: wash walls, strip floors, clean windows, wipe cupboards, defrost the refrigerator/freezer, wash curtains, dry-clean drapes, steam-clean the carpets, sanitize the bathroom, paint the bedroom, clear out the garage, clean out the attic, reorganize the closets, take junk to the dump, pile bags of papers and boxes of unwanted items by the road for the garbage man to haul away.



Maybe you did that not long ago, or maybe you are planning to do it soon. For me it's a big job and a dirty job (did I see mold growing?).



But I know once it's done, it feels so good. I feel like I have accomplished something. And the house smells fresh and clean again. The garage on the other hand is always (except when I bring stuff home from school) spotless. You see DH is in charge of the garage. Maybe I should give him more chores inside the house! (What a novel idea!)

It is past time for me to do a thorough "Fall Cleaning" in my home. How important is it to you? Do you feel that this is important, not only for hygienic reasons, but also as a means of stewardship. When we do not do good upkeep on our homes, we are not taking care of the blessings that the Lord has given us.


God has given us a special privilege to display the glory of womanhood by keeping home, not only for our loved ones and ourselves but as a form of worship to our God. Titus 2:5 "To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." KJV

“I like hugs and I like kisses, but what I’d really like is help with the dishes!”

I’m asking the DH for help!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great idea. I need to get to work. Feel like I cooked and cleaned all weekend. so....
today, I may try to get caught up on some writing. ;-)

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

I can't wait to see a copy of your writing. I think you need a blogspot too! You have the camera now.