About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Witch Hat Treats


The grandkids had so much fun helping with this quick and easy treat. We made ordinary marshmallow cereal treats cut into triangles (good math lesson). The chocolate frosting was made by heating chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of shortening in the microwave on 70% power for 1 minute. Be sure to heat in 10 to 20 second intervals until it is melted; stir until smooth. We used tube frosting for the black and orange strips, yellow for the buckle! Very tasty for everyone.

9 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

Those look really good!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Cute! Always the teacher. I am going to make these with my grandchildren. You must be feeling better if yu have the grandkids today. Did you get to BF to buy the toppers?

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

Hi Nancy...I stopped by Ben Franklin's and bought all that they had 5 packages. I'm going to be with the grandkids for the week, at their house! They have got to get that foundation done this week before it gets to cold.
Aren't these witches hats cute?

Anonymous said...

So I will talk to you soon! have loads of fun! See you at BC on Friday? have you heard from DB?

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

Haven't heard from DB, and since I'm in AF I'll check with you soon.

Mrs. Darling said...

oh what a lovely thing to make. I guess I'll have to try these. This is the first time Ive been to your blog I believe. How nice. I will bookmark you and be back!

Anonymous said...

Boston, Payton, Hayden and I made these today. Very YUMMY treat. We counted, talked about shapes, and colors. We used green and yellow M&M's for the buckle. We made enough to share around the neighborhood. Thanks for the great idea!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Hello Leann,
Thank you very much for stopping by my "home". I loved your comment about your granddaughter and her Levi's!

What a cute and yummy idea!

Anonymous said...

i shared this treat with someone that i VT. her family loved them, and they want the recipe.(We used coco pebbles) i have sent her to your sight. :-)