About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Harvest Medley Multigrain Pasta

This was dinner! I loved it, Ali had the veggies on the side, Al said it was okay...he doesn't complain much about what is put in front of him, but I'm thinking this wasn't a real hit with him. I'll share the recipe, it's healthy and it's colorful...I'll even finish off the left-overs tomorrow.

Thin Spaghetti (or your favorite pasta)
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 large red pepper, chopped
1 large red onion, cut into small wedges
2 cups fresh mushrooms
4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
Olive Oil
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
2 - 4 roma tomatoes
1 14 oz can chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
Grated Italian Cheese Blend (optional)
Chopped Fresh Parsley (optional)

Hat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl stir together peppers, onions, mushrooms, garlic, and seasonings. Sprinkle with olive oil; toss to coat evenly. Place into a 13 X 9 X 2 inch baking dish. Bake 45 - 55 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are brown and tender. Cook pasta according to package directions; timing so that your vegetables are done at the same time. When I started the pasta I added the tomatoes to the vegetables and finished cooking. Heat the chicken broth until hot. Remove vegetables from oven; pour broth over vegetable mixture, stirring until well blended. Toss vegetable mixture and hot pasta. Sprinkle with cheese blend and chopped parsley. Enjoy!

I've been busy organizing the closets in my home, I'll share pictures soon. I even organized my shoes. I've come to the conclusion that I don't need to buy any more clothes or shoes for the rest of this year! I'll make a note of that and a conscious effort to stay the course.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks completely yummy! I think
i might try it.

ohiofarmgirl said...

I may just try this one this weekend! Sounds great. Dianntha