About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Halloween Party Checklist

We have some serious tools....

We are into awesome patterns

Did I say serious tools? Yes sirree!
Oh sure, I think I have Halloween under control. Heck, I've been celebrating it since I was knee high to a Jack-0'-Lantern. Remember I even memorized a witch poem when I was 4. So here we are again preparing for another bash!. Here is my print out for our party supplies. I hope I haven't missed anything so I'll avoid that last minute rushing around. Who am I kidding......I'll be runing around like crazy Saturday morning. So if you think I've left something off PLEASE let me know!
Getting Started:
Invitations --- I had DH call everyone this year.
Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Pumpkins.... I picked up about 20 today
Carving Tools & Patterns.......got it!
Tables and Chairs..........That is DH's job ~ it will be done.
Paper Goods:
Dinner Plates.....black this year
Dessert Plates....orange this year
Napkins..............cute designs
Cups...................black also
Stemware..........orange (and I put them in homemade coffins)
Table Covers.....orange, pattern, couple of sheets (black and white)
Food Assignments:
Chili...............Sweet J's Smokehouse Chili
Rolls.............. my job
Sandwich stuff...my job
Veggie Plate and Dip........one of the kids
Fruit Plate and Dip...........one of the kids
Chips and Dip......................one of the kids
Crackers and Cheese..........one of the kids
Dessert.................................my best friend
Drinks..................................one of the kids
Water...................................the sink will work
Hot Chocolate....................my job
Ice........................................my job
Salt & Pepper.....................my job
Lighting and Decorations:
Window lights...................my job
Candles...............................one of the kids
Lighter................................my job
Miscellaneous Supplies:
Camera............................the kid who is the best photographer
Batteries..........................my job
Garbage bags..................have plenty
Extension Cords............DH
Extension plugs.............DH
Okay, have I got it covered? Pictures will be up sometime Sunday. Trick or Treat



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun! I think I will relax with the porch light on and eat the 3 extra bags of candy I bought just in case we have more than 6 trick or treaters as in years past.

And yes, I DO remember rainy days and 3rd graders. A BAAAAAAAAD combination at best. Especially since in our school we had no cafeteria. We ate outside every day of the year (central Florida). So on a rainy day we ate indoors, had recess indoors and, with no gymnasium, we had PE indoors.

I hope you have sunny days for your school kids. Save the rain for the middle of the night :)

Have a great party.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What prep for a party. Your to do list is very, very long. i guess that is what happens when you're 'the mom'. I hope that you have a fun and successful party. Can't wait to see the post of the pictures.
Ours was not nearly as elaborate.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh, I wanna come! looks great!
Thanks for the kind words for all those affected by the fire- and thank the Lord your brother-in-law is back! So far, mine's still on "high alert" so still worrysome. And my heart goesw out to all the animals who have been seperated from their homes. Pray they are re-united with their families soon!
Colleen

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh my word what a lovely party you will have.

We get templates off the internet and then my husband cuts the pumpkins using a power cutter. He thinks its the coolest thing. Im not so excited about it! :)

ohiofarmgirl said...

Now those oare some serious tools. This is the first year that we are carving a pumpkin...we are very excited. Can't wait to see your creations. Dianntha

Priscilla said...

What a party, iam flying over! I am looking forward to seeing the photos from the party, you look to have every tool sorted! Hope you have a great time.......

Priscilla x