About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, October 8, 2007

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup


It’s debatable whether chicken noodle soup can cure the common cold, but it’s undeniable that my family and many friends think that this recipe makes them feel better. It is also best if you're the sickie, that some good hearted friend drops in with dinner for the family. Here's our recipe...the aroma in your home will also soothe away those aches and pains.

I use a rotisserie chicken, which I cut up and put into 5 cups of chicken broth. The vegetables I use are 2 cups of julienned carrots, 2 cups chopped celery, 1 onion diced. Cover and cook until tender. Add 3 cups dry egg noodles and cook for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.

Mix 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 1 can evaporated milk, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper. Add this to the chicken and vegetables when they are cooked tender.

Next, Whisk 1/4 cup flour in 1/2 cup cold water until smooth. Stir flour mixture into soup and cook until thickened.

I promise it is yummy and nothing works better when you’re sick in bed—or even if you’re just feeling blue. Whether it’s something to do with the food itself, or the person who prepares it with love and care, creamy chicken noodle soup can satisfy the deepest needs of the body and soul. Homemade Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup - simply makes you feel loved!

5 comments:

Ms. Kathleen said...

I must say this does look and sound yummy. It has been so chilly lately so this is something that sounds perfect for supper.

Hugs!

Ms. Kathleen said...

Thank you for the comments on my photos. I LOVE my new little camera. I just got it before the trip. My daughter Timoni bought it for me because my other one just up and died. It is a cute little Sony Cyber-shot. http://tinyurl.com/27qyuv
Nothing fancy and I love how it works.
Thanks again.

Sandra said...

This looks so yummy, thanks for sharing :)

heidi @ ggip said...

What a good idea to use the rotisserie chicken!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting the blogs spots that you visit on your site. You know that I am blog challenged. :-)