About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Friday, April 22, 2011

Through Thick and Thin

anniversary_011

TWENTY-EIGHT YEARS AGO, 28 years seemed like forever.

I was not quite 33 then as I stood in my BFF living room in front of her picture window, and married the man I love.

Today, several jobs for him , retirement for me,  one house and eleven grandkids later, we are celebrating 28 years of marriage.

Of course, the years have brought much more than those major life changes. They have brought many sorrows and plenty of laughter, trials and celebrations and, now, the advent of the golden years.

Through it all, Al and I have been there for each other, which sounds so cliché. But we HAVE BEEN a good team.

He balances my serious nature with his quirky humor. He makes me smile, even laugh sometimes.

He calms and steadies me when I need calm and steady, because I am so impulsive, it takes some work!

He possesses an incredibly strong work ethic and has provided well for our family.

Al has always been supportive of me—as a new stay-at-home grandma.  For that I am grateful.

But mostly, I am thankful for the unconditional love of this man who has been my husband for 28 years. 

May God Bless us with many years of happiness to come.  

2 comments:

Travis and Crystal said...

Happy 28th anniversary...wishing you 28 more!

Travis and Crystal said...

that was really me-Nancy...using their computer while here for a visit.