This is my new favorite way to bake chicken! I love this dish for how simple, yet good it is. It can be altered/adapted many different ways, and is even impressive enough for last minute dinner guests. DH said why do we need to go out to dinner when you can make such tasty food at home???? And it couldn’t be easier! The leftovers are fantastic! I love to dice it up the next day and make soft tacos out of it. Delicious!
3-5 chicken breasts
1 package of taco seasoning
1 bottle fresh salsa
1 bag of cheese
- Lay chicken breasts in a pan.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning to coat both sides of the chicken….it didn’t take a complete package.
- Pour the salsa over the top, to completely cover each breast.
- Bake 400º for 30 min. Add cheese and bake another 10 min.
- After coming from the oven cover with foil and let rest for 10 more minutes before serving.
Serve with lettuce, diced tomatoes, avocadoes, and sour cream, if desired!