About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Go Bananas ~ Banana Bread

 

Hello, I’m la dolce vita leAnn and I’m addicted to banana bread, banana cream pie, banana cookies, and the list goes on.   Today at Bountiful Baskets there were 7 bananas, in my cart and I already had 3 over ripe ones, plus 5 new ones I had purchased just a few days back (forgot I was going to BB…never know if you’ll get bananas).   So the cooking begins, I’m starting off with Go Bananas Banana Bread.   I promise you will love every mouth watering bite!  P1080605  Ingredients:

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1 2/3 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup chopped pecans/walnuts (today I had pecans)
  • Cooking spray
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350°
  • Combine sugar and butter in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Add banana, milk, sour cream, and eggs; beat well, and set aside.
  • Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; stir well. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, beating until blended.
  • Spoon batter into 4 (5 x 2 1/2-inch) miniature loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans. Let cool completely on wire racks.

Note: To make one 9-inch loaf, spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; bake at 350º for 1 hour and 10 minutes.

P1080606

 

Banana Bread is life’s cozy comfort from those rainy days! 

May God Bless you all on this Easter Eve.

No comments: