Hello, I’m la dolce vita leAnn and I’m addicted to banana bread, banana cream pie, banana cookies, and the list goes on. Today at Bountiful Baskets there were 7 bananas, in my cart and I already had 3 over ripe ones, plus 5 new ones I had purchased just a few days back (forgot I was going to BB…never know if you’ll get bananas). So the cooking begins, I’m starting off with Go Bananas Banana Bread. I promise you will love every mouth watering bite! Ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans/walnuts (today I had pecans)
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine sugar and butter in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Add banana, milk, sour cream, and eggs; beat well, and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; stir well. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, beating until blended.
- Spoon batter into 4 (5 x 2 1/2-inch) miniature loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans. Let cool completely on wire racks.
Note: To make one 9-inch loaf, spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; bake at 350º for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Banana Bread is life’s cozy comfort from those rainy days!
May God Bless you all on this Easter Eve.