About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Friday, April 8, 2011

15 Minute Timer ~ A Cure For The Messy Home

I have just been totally frustrated (once again) by the fact that my home doesn’t stay clean longer than five minutes…..any room, any cupboard, or any drawer.  I don’t have a system set up, and I also have bad habits such as putting my clothes in a pile by the side of my bed at night instead of hanging them up or putting them in the laundry hamper. DH is a complete neat freak and he doesn’t think that he really needs to help around the house because he doesn’t make any of the messy messes  ….his words exactly!

I’m tired of it. The clutter gets to me and I feel like it will never end.  My home is never fully in order, so I never really feel completely satisfied….so when yesterday was No Housework Holiday, I felt somewhat justified in just keeping my head above the mess by taking out the garbage!   This morning I took the recommendation of the Fly Lady (check her out) and set the timer for 15 minutes at a time.   Here is what I got accomplished this morning:

P1080436

 

  • A Clean Sink…..I used the Fly Lady polish your sink method.  I love how it looks!
  • soak a completely full sink in bleach for 1 hour
  • after draining scrub with your favorite cleanser (I use Comet)
  • spray with window cleaner and wipe dry
  • results a sink that shines!

P1080455 P1080454

The beds all made….4 of them in less than 15 minutes

P1080456

A clean bathroom and   TA DA………………….

a clean and happy baby as well!

P1080460

Final project of the day the dreaded laundry………yes it takes much longer than 15 minutes, but to load and fold is probably way less than the allotted time!

P1080461

that’s it for the day…..I’m taking the rest of the day off!    Pizza delivery for dinner!

No comments: