About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Friday, April 8, 2011

♫ Donuts Sing To Me ♫

I have a very dear friend who makes the best donuts ever…I am a complete failure when it comes to the delicious morsels! So when I heard about Donut Muffins, my thoughts went racing….I can bake and I love donuts so here is my attempt at this yummy Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffin. With all the ingredients necessary, I once again made the kitchen smell heavenly.

P1080450 P1080451

Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins

  • 3/4 c sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 c vegetable oil
  • 3/4 c milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla

  • 3 Tbs sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon


Preheat oven to 350˚F. Lightly coat a muffin tin with non-stick spray. In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and egg until light in color. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Pour dry mixture into the egg mixture and stir to combine. Add vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla, stirring until just combined.

Divide batter evenly into muffin tin, filling each cup about 2/3 full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes clean, about 15-18 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then remove muffins from tin. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. While the muffins are still warm, roll each one in the mixture, coating all sides with the cinnamon sugar.

P1080452

These muffins are incredibly simple to make and as soon as they are rolled in the cinnamon sugar, they just melt in your mouth….which makes them easy for Kendry to gum!

I couldn't eat just one. Luckily, I had help eating them, or I would've probably finished the entire dozen myself. As you can tell by the picture one had disappeared before I could snap the photo! Hmmmmm who was the culprit?

No comments: