About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, April 3, 2011

This is Liven’ in Utah

A spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down…..well how about Spring snow with the trees and flowers in bloom! Yes, we know that we need the water, and yes there is enough sunshine and green grass in between storms to convince us that eventually snowflakes will stop coming and the spring rains will turn into warmer days, but it is just a little to miserable watching mother nature fling snow all over Utah this time of the year!


I have never had a good attitude about snow, well let’s step back a few years…spring semesters at BYU were heaven when it snowed and the ski slopes were calling my name. I hope I’m not alone in this attitude….shoveling snow, frozen blooms, and days of 70 degrees and then 28 ….how can we be in love with that?


I think the final straw for me this week was the death of my parent’s and neighbor’s apricot blossoms. I saw them with anticipation, drooling (along with the baby) with the thought of bright orange fruit that someone would turn into lovely jam in just a couple of months for the family. Then a cold blast of winter shriveled them into brown lifeless clods hanging from the trees.


I am hopeful however, because signs of spring abound; new baby goats in the pasture as we pick up goats milk, daffodils still growing in flower beds everywhere, and bright red early tulips in bloom throughout my neighborhood. I know winter can’t last forever, and I know that spring will have her turn……….but winter your turn is over……so enough already. Just look what you did to my magnolia tree this morning! Shame Shame


P1080334 P1080329 P1080330P1080331

No comments: