About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Friday, April 29, 2011

Pork and Rice Casserole

  • 1 lean pork roast or pork chops cut in cubes or left whole (I used the roast from Costco…yummo)
  • 1 1/2 pack dry onion soup mix
  • 1 tablespoon + vegetable oil use as much as you like to brown the cubes
  • 1/4 cup dry sherry
  • 1 medium chopped onion
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 4 cups cooked rice
  • 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) cream of mushroom
  • 1/2 can milk
  • 2 T Worcestershire Sauce
Preparation:

Heat oil over medium heat; coat the pork cubes with dry onion soup mix and Worcestershire sauce (let marinate for 30 minutes), brown pork cubes in oil. Remove meat to another bowl while you cook celery and onions. Deglaze the pan with dry sherry, then add onion and celery  Continue cooking until onion is golden and celery cooked. Add the cream of mushroom soup and and milk mix to blend. Add the meat to the mixture and mix well.

Place cooked rice in the bottom of a lightly greased 2 quart casserole, pour the pork mixture on top. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 – 40 minutes.

 

P1080691

No comments: