About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Verse 3 ~ Living Contentment


Putting a value on status
will create contentiousness.
If you overvalue possessions,
people begin to steal.
By not displaying what is desirable, you will
cause the people's hearts to remain undisturbed.

The sage governs
by emptying minds and hearts,
by weakening ambitions and strengthening bones.

Practice not doing...
When action is pure and selfless,
everything settles into its own perfect place.
Dr. Wayne W. Dyer "Change Your Thoughts Change Your Life"
Taking pride in ones accomplishments is a natural thing to do, but being boastful and arrogant about our work is not. My dad has always said.....and I quote him on this often....."the rich don't talk (Brag) about how rich they are.....they don't need to."
If you are able to share your accomplishments without bragging, without being boastful, and without arrogance, then you will have truly become a leader that others can strive to emulate in their day to day efforts, be it building a business, building a family, or building a legacy. The practice of gratitude is what leads to a contented life.
Perhaps the only thing we really need to do is focus on the truly important things in life. When we start looking at all that we have outside of our possessions, outside of our position, and outside of our circumstances, we can see that we have been given so much.
We have been given a family.

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

I use the quote of your dad's. I hope that I can soon get it 'right'. And to answer your question-never would me p's look at blog.