About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Could I Please Request A Pilot for My Next Flight?




If anyone has scattered sunshine into the lives of so many....our hats need to be off to Captain C.B. Sullenberger, US Airways.

Although this happened 12 days ago, I'm still in awe at the amazing skills of this "57" year old pilot. Lyrics from Paul McCartney and John Lennon state it so eloquently "Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64?".....yes yes and a big YES....I want you to be my pilot when you're 64.
This week I was told that at 59 I need to pass the baton to the younger generation, because they are where it is now! Retaining talented, motivated (old) people is vital to the success of any company, I'm sure US Air will see to it that Captain Sullenberger is retained as a valued employee for many years to come.... and the 150 passengers on board Flight 1549 are still singing the praises of their "Old" capable pilot.
Thank goodness US Airways didn't throw Captain Sullenberg under the bus.....

2 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

Hmmm. Experience is a wonderful thing. Just because someone is younger in years does not mean that they have more energy or will connect with the younger crowd. They are some young fuddy duddies!(I thought this post was going to be about your flying with DH.)

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Has something happen at your job?? If so, they are NUTS! We (the "older" generation) have much more life experience, staying power, less ego-driven work ethics and are great role models - and, being in the air when last week's drama was unfolding, I thanked God for giving that US Airways flight the experience and level-headedness of an experienced pilot!