About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tasty Tuesday - Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup


Once again I was on a quest to find the recipe for this oh so yummy soup! DH took me to Olive Garden for lunch "soup and salad" was the order of the day........Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup
I'm a very humble person, don't like to brag....but ahem....this is fantastic.....really ---fantastic! And Target sells Gnocchi ready to plop right into the pot!
Ingredients:

1/3 cup olive oil or butter
2 cloves of minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 medium Vidalia onion chopped
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 lb. chicken cut into bite size pieces
1/3 cup flour
2 cups milk
2 cups half and half
2 chicken bullion cubes
1/2 cup chopped spinach
1/2 cup chopped carrots
Salt and Pepper to taste
17.6 oz of Gnocchi....Target sells it ready made!
On medium heat melt butter/olive oil in a soup pot
Add in the garlic, celery, onion and saute'
when translucent sprinkle brown sugar over vegetables
Add chicken and cook thoroughly
Add flour and stir in flour and mix well until the flour is cooked into the chicken
Next add your milk and half n' half
Add two bullion cubes
Then add the veggies(Carrots,Spinach)

Add Gnocchi last it takes 3-4 min. to cook throughout

3 comments:

Annette and Scott said...

As soon as my kitchen is completed & functioning again this is going to be one of the first things I cook! It looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I absolutely LOVE soup = and this sound soo wonderful - I must try it on these cold winter days - thanks for another great one! :-)

valerina said...

Thank you so so much for this creation!! I have come back to this recipie over the past couple of years and time and again it is wonderful and simple!! I didn't have gnocchi this time so I used 2 sweet potatoes and added some s/p, tarragon and a couple dashes of nutmeg while I let it simmer a bit... oh my my so delish!!!
I am not a feedback person but your recipie definately deserves praise!! Thank you!!

OH .. in the past I used the leftovers to make potpies... just added a half bag of frozen mixed veggies to thicken it up.. yum!!!Then just lined a large round pie pan - deep dish with pie crusts.. filled and baked .. try it!!