About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, January 26, 2009

Run Girls Run

Congratulation graphics

Before I begin my moaning and groaning about why I can't/don't run, I'm here to tell you how amazing 2 of my friends are. N & N have accomplished something that I won't even be dreaming of.

N #1 ran a marathon this year and will soon be in training for another one.

N #2 just complete 8 full weeks of a running program......every dang day she ran until she was able to run for a full 30 minutes!

You both deserve many honors bestowed upon you for your tenacity....I love you both for not even thinking that I could join you. So even though no one has said Le....why aren't you running.....I'm willing to tell you! My 10 excuses.....listed in no particular order


There could be pain involved…my pain!

Elusive High that everyone talks about would be me sucking in air!

Bone crunching cartilage wearing away is not good when you are my age! Need I remind you of how "OLD" I am!

Blisters and calloused heels covering my feet and black toenails dropping off….sounds nasty! And I love my pedicurist....she already works to hard.


Joints….(no not the ones crazy people smoke)…the ones that hurt when you run!

Sweaty clothes….that means more laundry for me!

Wearing short shorts is for those good lookin NBA players that won’t even wear them anymore….I’m not showing my thighs to anyone!

I love to take long hot showers and if I get into the regular running program….I’ll surely run up the hot water bill at our house!

I really like to sleep and if I’m running I’m sure that by the time one o’clock in the afternoon rolls around I’ll be curling up with my pillow and blanket sleeping away the day, because running makes me tired!


****Shoes…..now there is a good reason to run….those pricey good lookin’ running shoes! Okay 1 out of 10…..guess I can give it a try!
Can I wear the same shoes and just walk?



1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

You can wear those expensive shoes and walk. Come run, you'll find it exhilarating, especially once you have finished!