About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Moccasins ~ Today It's UGGS




My memories of moccasins when I was a little girl, take me to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. My mother bought a pair of moccasins for me on a family vacation trip sometime around 1957. I wanted to wear those moccasins for the next 20 years - I wanted to wear them rain, snow, sleet, hail or sunshine. Most comfortable footwear I had ever had. I still remember how they looked, buckskin-hide color with the cutest fringe I’d ever seen. Yes, we bought them in Jackson Hole and I begged Mom and Dad to go back every year to get me a new pair.........I think we made several trips before I grew out of the "I have to have moccasins" stage! Now bring me a pair of UGGS and all will be well!

2 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I am such a nerd- I don't know what UGGS are - I mean, I guess I know they are some sort of footwear- but that's the extent of my UGG knowledge - but I do remember moccasins! I grew up in Arizona!

Nancy Mc said...

I had a pair or two of moccasins that looked exactly the same-only not as early as 1957. This post brings back memories.