About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, January 1, 2009

1st Verse

This year on my Thursday blog I am challenging myself to “Living the Wisdom of the Tao”. Dr. Wayne Dyer’s book Change Your Thoughts – Change Your Life is my inspiration.

The Tao is the practical advice that is given about how to live an abundant and meaningful life on a day to day basis. I hope over the next year I will be able to make an attempt to get in touch with the message of the Tao and share with you once a week my feelings, possibly some analysis, and hopefully something useful will come from this study.

J has volunteered…was told….to find a picture that he feels fits with each verse! So the format will be picture, verse, and my attempt to understand!


The Tao that can be told
is not the eternal Tao.
The name that can be named
is not the eternal name.
The Tao is both named and nameless.
As nameless it is the origin of all things;
as named it is the Mother of 10,000 things.
Ever desireless, one can see the mystery;
ever desiring, one sees only the manifestations.
And the mystery itself is the doorway
to all understanding.
The Tao is where everything comes from, yet, remains invisible, it is indeed Eternal. Most of us go through life needing to see to believe in something, however, whether you believe or not, it IS real. Once you let go and allow your life to unfold, you will begin to ‘feel' and ‘know' the Tao, you will begin to experience it, the mystery.

When you are focused only on the wants or the desires to fill up your life with things in the physical, material world, you only SEE the physical, material world.

This week I am going to practice being open-minded….accepting what is!

Stop wanting stuff;
it keeps you from seeing what's real.
When you want stuff,
all you see are things.



I would love to read your thoughts and opinions! Teach me and help me understand.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop wanting stuff;
it keeps me from seeing what's real.
When I want stuff,
all I see are things.

Wonderful focus for the first week of a New Year! Thanks for sharing girlfriend. Nina

Nancy Mc said...

Stuff...I want to get past seeing only stuff or $$$. I want to see what is real. I am excited to read the focus for each week.

Anonymous said...

The Tao is the Great Way. Simple yet complex, life only ever exists in this moment.

Sandra said...

This was a great post, and I love this:

Stop wanting stuff;
it keeps me from seeing what's real.
When I want stuff,
all I see are things.


So true and something I really need to focus on.

Happy New Year :)

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh, good words. I can't wait to take this travel with you. When I hear "stuff", I can't help but to remember George Carlin's monologue on "Stuff"..it is really good! (and one prior to all the bad language of his later years)

Thanks for inviting us on this journey!
Colleen

jayedee said...

psssssst i have a spring seed giveaway going over at my blog-

http://tinyurl.com/9uqkqy

stop by and check it out, if you'd like!