About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Feed the Birds ~ Tuppence a Bag




For years I have watched my dad feed the birds in his backyard as part of his morning routine. As the sun is rising he pours out several cups of seed. Then they have the birds with them all day.

He always gets a great variety. I even think the birds can hear him coming as they start calling to each other "Come and get it! Food glorious food!"

My scatter sunshine Saturday is to have DH (it's his job in the winter) fill the feeders in our backyard. We now have a great variety of birds visiting our yard. Yesterday we had a peregrine falcon (dang him - he captured a member of his own species)! This morning we had beautiful mountain jays and several varieties of finches.... I love the songs they sing.

It makes me feel like I am more in touch with the natural world.

Okay, that is a little out there, but bird lovers you know what I mean.

1 comment:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh, I love the birds too! I want to start feeding them (now that Bone's has passed away - we didn't want to "tempt" our little kitty!)
Does your Dad cover the feeders so the snow doesn't get in? And what type of seed are you feeding them?

Have a great Sunday and thanks for feeding the birds:-)