About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Skating on Ice







Memories of childhood days take me back in time here on Sentimental Sunday.
Today I’m remembering back to when I got my first pair of ice skates “Champions”. They were white with white laces and huge yarn pom-poms. I was thrilled.

I like to think that I was a quick learner….only falling a few times. Dad took me around the Stockyard ponds for hours on end and I loved it. Provo Boat Harbor was another one of our favorite spots…..with plenty of thermos filled with hot CHOCOLATE!

Vivian Park also had an amazing ice pond in 1960…they even played music as you skated round and round. I can still hear “North to Alaska” loud and clear.

Mom taught me how to make my own pom-poms with a piece of cardboard, so the color of the pom ---could match whatever sweater I was wearing! Wonder if that is why I have so many shoes that match so many clothes…oh that is another memory for another day!



3 comments:

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

You're up late-me too. I actually was going to read "Across the Street" but then started to read this post and noticed that you just added it. I like ice skating. I can't do anything fancy, just go around the rink. I am sure that your many many many shoes come from the pom pom coordination-but is sure it nice to match.

Nancy Mc said...

This brings memories for me. Why do they not flood parks now days for kids toice skate on? Would kids even want to ice skate there? Little Honeyville flooded the town park each winter. Fun, Fun memory. All your shoes...yes, another memory.

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

I loved that they would flood the stockyard. Steed Park Soccer fields would have been a great ice-pond.

One year I think(I may be stretching this)Dad made an ice rink in our back yard. Maybe it wasn't on purpose!