About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Mini Pie Crust Sugar Cookies

My creative and talented cousin Lexy Buffo Ward is the inspiration for this delicacy today!

Her recipe was simple to follow and came together quickly in my kitchen this morning.  You can check out her wonderful blog at http://theproperpinwheel.com/     She really is amazing…..and I thank her for all the joy she has brought into our home with party ideas and recipes. 

Pie Crust Sugar Cookies watercolor

Ingredients:

  • 1c butter (softened)
  • 2 c flour
  • 1/2 c sour cream

Cream butter and flour together and then slowly add sour cream. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for a minimum of two hours. Once chilled, roll to 1/4″ thick. Using a small circular cutter (I used an old prescription bottle…), cut out tiny circles and place on a greased cookie sheet. Poke holes with a fork in the tops of cookies. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes and allow to cool!

Frosting:

  • 1/4 c butter (softened)
  • 1 c powdered sugar
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • favorite flavor **Wild Orange Essential Oil ..1 drop did it!

Cream butter and powdered sugar together. Add egg yolk and vanilla and mix well. Drop one drop of your choice of food coloring and mix, mix, mix! Spread some frosting on the bottom of one cookie and sandwich it with another! Keep cookies chilled until ready to serve.

PIe Crust Sugar Cookies

This made 18 sandwich cookies and I made the rest of the dough into a pie crust to be used for my favorite banana cream pie…you can check out that recipe here.   

Give this a try…you won’t be disappointed!

No comments: