About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, February 23, 2014

So long farewell





Maria von Trapp, the last surviving member of the seven original Trapp Family Singers, the vocal group made famous by the movie “The Sound of Music,” has passed away. She was 99 years old.
Von Trapp died at her home in Vermont on Tuesday, according to the Associated Press.
Maria was the third child and second-oldest daughter of Capt. Georg von Trapp and Agathe Whitehead von Trapp, his first wife, who died in 1922. He later married Maria von Trapp, who passed away in 1987.
In her autobiography “The Story of the Trapp Family Singers,” the elder Maria describes the younger one as “very delicate.” She writes “On account of her heart condition she had to be kept completely quiet.”
I am now reading Yesterday, Today, and Forever, which is the story of how she and her husband taught their children about the Savior.  I picked up this book after we watch The Sound of Music last month.  So glad I did!

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

I read about this in the paper. It brought back Sound of Music memories for me which I loved.