About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Kitchen House, historical Book Trailer, Kathleen Grissom

What an amazing book!  Truly, I couldn't stop listening as I had the audio version. I stayed up until the early hours of the morning because I had to finish this story.

 It’s been awhile since I have been that engrossed in a book, or one that I was  affected by a story for that matter. There aren’t words to describe the emotions I felt while reading this. 

This  author’s has a wonderful talent  of being able to tell a  grippingly beautiful tale of life on a southern plantation in the late 18th century, and for using just the right amount of words and didn't overdo it on the descriptive, she  just kept the pace of the story just so that it feels more like an action-packed thriller.   She also so cleverly evokes the story's time and place, that you the reader will virtually feel present as the the tale unfolds.  I felt like I had traveled in time and was living among these perfectly developed characters, yet so thankful that I wasn't. 

What I want to tell you above all is that this is a splendid, thought-provoking and touching story of amazingly(mostly) admirable people....there are a couple of really bad apples, yet the others who despite the tragedies that are happening in their lives, never lose heart.

Aside from the tragedies there is so much love and devotion in this story,  I will never forget Mama Mae and her family. Along with so many other characters that I actually had to make a family tree to reminded me who belonged to each family!

I will certainly recommend this book to any of my friends,
 because it is impossible not to be permanently touched by this novel.   Love this trailer...I do hope that it will be in movie theaters soon!




No comments: