About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Best Way to Start the Day

 
Shower OIls
Here are the oils I keep in the shower to use on a regular basis:

Balance: This blend from doTERRA contains spruce, rosewood, blue tansy, and frankincense and promotes a sense of balance and tranquility. It is my favorite oil to use in my daily showers.

Citrus: Uplifting and refreshing, citrus oils like grapefruit, lemon, and wild orange are the perfect way to start the day. Citrus oils are also known for their cleansing and disinfecting properties, making them a great choice for the shower. doTERRA also makes a blend called Citrus Bliss which contains a blend of citrus essential oils and vanilla bean extract and smells amazing.

Eucalyptus: This is my go-to oil for clearing up congestion and helping with breathing. If you ever have a cold or wake up feeling congested, drop a few drops of eucalyptus into your shower to clear it right up! It’s also got a great, refreshing scent which not only helps clear your sinuses, but your head as well.  DD uses this so often…that I must keep at least 2 extra bottle in stock! Every shower in our home has this one!

Frankincense: This amazing essential oil helps improve concentration, reduce irritability and impatience and is perfect for those mornings when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Frankincense also has great immune boosting properties and is one of my favorite scents.

Lavender: Well known for it’s relaxing and calming properties, lavender essential oil is a great choice for those days when you’re feeling anxious or for if you’re showering at night before bed. Lavender has been called the “swiss-army knife” of essential oils and can work wherever there is a need. So, if you’re not sure, go for lavender!

On-Guard:   This amazing essential oil is super anti-bacterial.  It’s a blend of Wild Orange, Clove bud, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus and Rosemary which smells like Christmas.  Also available from doTERRA are OnGuard protective throat lozenges and OnGuard hand soap.

Peppermint: For those days when you need help waking up, peppermint has a fresh, energizing scent and is known for stimulating the mind and helping with memory and mental performance.

Rosemary: This is the essential oil I add to my conditioner. Rosemary is known for strengthening hair and preventing hair loss. Rosemary is also helpful for fighting the cold and flu and has immune building properties.

No comments: