About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Really - Again

Windows Computer Scam

*Picture above is not actual person who called me….REALLY! Have no idea who they are…found their picture on Image Search!”

The latest today from another interesting phone call…"John," a young man with a clear Indian accent said he was calling from "Windows Technical Support." My computer, he told me, had alerted him that it was infested with viruses. He wanted to show me the problem

Me: "I'm sorry, I don't know anything about a 'Windows Company.' Do you mean Microsoft?"

Him: "No, it's not a Microsoft, it's a Windows Technical Department, OK? And I am the Windows technical provider to help you out, OK?"

Me: "OK, but I'm still... I didn't call you, you called me, so it seems kind of strange. I don't know if I want to let some program run on my computer. Besides I have an IT son with a master's degree.

Him: "Mam, we are getting some information from your computer, some harmful information because these information's are damaging the [garbled] and some important [garbled] like that."

Me: "You mean, I have viruses in my computer and you know about it somehow?" And Mam…you think I’m your mother?

Him: "Yeah. Yeah."

ME: "Wow." And what you really want is my credit card number right?
End of conversation wonder if he could hear me typing away madly on my word processor to get this conversation! ‪#‎sickofwindowsscamcalls‬

No comments: