While many may call this “Crap” ….ANTHONY BOURDAIN
My Family must be easy to please…because they gave it the thumbs UP!
I did make homemade Chili topped the Frito’s with cheese, avocadoes, and for some sour cream/ranch dressing!
- 2 pounds Sausage
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 can 15 oz Italian Diced Tomatoes …put in my blender
- 1 can (10 Ounce) Rotel – Mild of course for this girl!
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Tablespoons Chili Powder…add more if you are into HEAT
- 1 can (14-ounce) Kidney Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 can (14-ounce) Pinto Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 can (14-ounce) Small Red Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 1/4 cup Masa …yes this was gluten free!
- 1/2 cup water
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream/Ranch Dressing
Brown the sausage with garlic in a pot over medium-high heat. Add Italian Tomatoes, Rotel, salt, oregano, cumin, and chili powder. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Add drained and rinsed beans. Stir to combine, then cover and simmer for another 20 minutes.
Mix masa with water, then add to the chili. Stir to combine and simmer for a final 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
Serve with plenty of Fritos in the bottom of a bowl. heap on the chili and cheese, and other toppings of your choice.