About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, August 17, 2015

Pots of Pollo Guisado

 

pollo guisado

 

Pollo Guisado (Chicken Stew)

This is my just one of our favorite Puerto Rican dishes! It’s just plain yummy good. Usually we make it on the stove top but thought why not try it in a crock pot and see how it works….

Ingredients:

8 boneless, skinless chicken things

2 lbs of little red potatoes

2 teaspoons of salt( We use Goya Adobo)

3 tablespoons of sofrito(Goya Sofrito)…which Smith’s Market Place used to carry but doesn’t anymore….so AMAZON! 

1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce (Goya tomato sauce)

2 Bay leaves

1  green pepper

1 red pepper

1 packet of sazon (Goya)

2 cups of water

Prep: Cut the chicken into bite size pieces.  Chop the potatoes into half or leave whole if small enough.  Dice peppers into 1/8 inch pieces. In the crock pot mix all the ingredients except the potatoes and chicken.  After everything is well mixed add the chicken and potatoes. Stir to coat the chicken.  Cook for 6 hrs on high or 8 hrs on low. Depending on how much meat or potatoes you like add accordingly. Serve with a nice bowl of rice.

No comments: