About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Garden Fresh Pasta

Garden Fresh Pasta…..perhaps even “G o d   F a t h e r   P a s t a*”
Garden Fresh Pasta
This one is definitely a keeper.  Everyone came back for second helpings.  While shopping at Harmon’s today I picked up a package of Casarecce.  I should have taken a picture of it in the package, it comes so very nicely wrapped with a black stain ribbon…never seen that before!  It took longer than the instructions suggest to get to the desired tenderness that I like about 12 minutes!
 DSC_0009
also had chicken thighs that needed to be used so on the grill for some nice smoky taste!
Here is how I put the whole dish together.
Ingredients:
1 package Casarecce Pasta
3 14.5 oz. cans of Italian Style Chopped Tomatoes
2 cloves (maybe a little more) garlic minced
1 package Lawry’s Spaghetti Sauce ….seriously we can’t live without this in our home!
Herbs fresh from the garden – 2 tablespoons each chopped oregano, rosemary, & thyme
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
Some fresh ground pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 cups chicken chopped into bite size pieces
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, you will also want some to serve on individual plates.

Pour the chopped tomatoes in a large sauce pan.  Simmer over very low heat.  Add Lawry’s Spaghetti Sauce, garlic, herbs, olive oil, salt and pepper, and sugar.  Toss in the chopped chicken.  Simmer for at least 30 minutes…my dad would probably simmer a good share of the afternoon!
Cook pasta to your al dente …mine was 12 minutes today.   Drain and put into your nice pasta serving dish  
Now back to the sauce…just before you pour this scrumptious mixture over the pasta  add the 1/2 cup of heavy cream and the 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.   Toss and serve immediately with additional grated cheese on top.  
Tonight I served this with Caesar Salad and Garden Fresh Green Beans on the side.
And for dessert a little Raspberry Panna Cotta
Panna Cotta 

No comments: