About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, December 3, 2007

Winter Sounds of Silence

Picture by Sweet J
The Sounds of Silence
The morning was mute, quiet and still as I awoke from a peaceful rest;
The sounds of silence were a soft calm and peace was mine -
I was blessed.

A hushed world was solemn in thought at the silence all around;
Snowflakes fell like pure-white feathers
and never made a sound.

A lull like this, in a busy world,was Nature's gift of wonder;
I stifled thoughts of anything
that might put it asunder.

For just awhile on a winter's morn, I turned within, in awe;
Listening to the sounds of silence
and the beauty that I saw.

Joan Adams Burchell

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture, and poem. Aren't we lucky to live in a place where we get to enjoy 4 awesome seasons?

jayedee said...

pretty! pretty! pretty! i have total winter envy!

PJ said...

Love the picture and the poem. Thanks for visiting my attic! Love your attic tale of the 30-year old highchair. Hope you got a good price for it -- could be an antique!

Betty said...

I love this site. Love the picture and the poem. Again, thanks for stopping by my site and leaving a comment. I have added you to my list of blogs that I enjoy and hope you will visit mine again.

I am a Weight Watcher and love all the tips you give in both your blogs.

Sandra said...

So pretty, thank you so much for sharing :)

Kelli said...

What a beautiful picture and poem. So calm and peaceful.
Kelli