About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Ah the Joys of a White Christmas

The sun is shining the grass is "WHITE" the sky is the brightest blue you have ever seen. What a beautiful Christmas Day. I took this picture to show you all the snow coming off the roof of my home, but look at that blue sky! WOW!



The bushes are covered, the bird houses are drifted in, the poinsettias are .....
There are lots of laws about parking cars on the street after the 1st of November....I'm campaigning for a new law..."Electric Snow Melting Systems installed in every driveway!" I truly envy anyone who has this wonderful system that is buried cables underground, which heat surfaces such as sidewalks and driveways (BYU has them... I know... I walked the campus sidewalks many winters....they were clear and clean!)
DH said they must of course be laid before concrete is poured! Now since we got a new driveway 2 years ago I can't remeber what the problem was or why I didn't request the system be put in immediately.
Installation and maintenance costs were probably a big consideration, but to me it would be worth it, "if someone else is doing the work and paying the bill of course" becauseI truly dread tackling a snow-covered driveway at 5 a.m. and even worse I hate a driveway covered with snow! It ranks right up there with unmowed lawn!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! I love a 'White Christmas'! I hope you had a wonderful day. Our family did. We talked to Darrin-yippee! All seemed very pleased with their gifts. another +.
BJ has the heated driveway-but the boiler(?) is not hooked up-so it does not work. I think that would be a bad thing-to have most of the stuff-but not completed enough to work.
Talk to you Soon!

Betty said...

I'm jealous as I was dreaming of a white Christmas, which I didn't get. Can you send me some of your's?

jayedee said...

i hope you all had the bestest christmas! you sure had the whitest one! lol

Sandra said...

I love the pictures, wow it looks beautiful :)

Thank you for the sweet words you left on my blog, I'm so glad I met you through blogging, you're such a sweetheart :)

Happy New Year!
Sandra

Anonymous said...

okay le, this has taken me 2 hours...but I now have a blog page. hopr to c/ya there soon. it is nanmckenchanted.blogspot.com (think)

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.