About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Gathering at book club has been an incredible journey for 7 years for many of us, some of us are much newer to the club, but definitely now part of our the group. Each time we gather together as a group we celebrate our life and experiences. At the dinner table each of us shared our happiest memory of 2007 and something that happened that was agonizing. Some were journeys that we certainly didn’t enjoy, but love and smiles of our happy memories make it all worth it.
Here we are gathering at Jill's island...everyone brought something for dinner tonight. Jill made her wonderful pork roast. Deb brought potatoes (yummy), Lisa brought red and green jello salads, Joy brought a layered jello very festive Christmas colors, Nina brought veggies that I had several servings of, I made rolls, Nancy and Vickie provided dessert. Joy also brought goodies caramel popcorn and trail mix. Yes, I brought my hot chocolate!
Deb is getting sick of me taking pictures.

Vickie wants to start a new tradition for Christmas, reading a short Christmas story to the group. I love the idea.
We each brought a new book, one we hadn't read for book club, and exchanged them. Here's the gift pill waiting to be opened. Zachary is the handsome little one that makes us all smile.


Jill's book was a pop up Snowman book, Zachary was so happy!
One of my greatest blessings in life is the contentment I get from being with my book club friends. There is always time for the shopping I love to do and more to accomplish in my classroom each day, but I have learned over my many years (yes it is many) that as we travel through life, it really is short, so we need to make it count. I grateful that I am able to read books that have taken me to place I might never be able to go – (my agonizing memory of 2007 ~ a canceled trip to Italy). Lucky for me someone selected Playing for Pizza by Grisham for one of our months.

I look forward to meeting again next month to enjoy life, laughter and each other.

2 comments:

Nina said...

None of us like our OWN photo taken, but oh, how my heart smiles when I see our BC picss. Thank you so much LeAnn for putting up with us and just clicking away!

Anonymous said...

Yes, my heart smiles-just thinking of BC. what great joy i get as we share just these few short hours together each month. Definitely something that I look forward to.