About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Mexican Spiral Appetizers

Weight Watchers 1 spiral 1 point....the problem.....you can't eat just 1. We made these for Birthday Treats at work this week. They are so yummy I came home and made a double batch for the weekend. We of course tweaked the recipe some so here is our version:

8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup diced cooked chicken
1/4 lb Pepper Jack Cheese
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons diced jalapeno peppers
or canned jalapeno
2 teaspoons ground cumin
3 (10 inch) flour tortillas
EVOO
Salsa
Sour Cream
Guacamole

Preparation:
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, chicken, pepper jack cheese, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, and cumin. Spread mixture evenly over tortillas.

Roll up each tortilla tightly around chicken mixture. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Just before serving, cut each tortilla roll into 1/2 inch slices. Arrange on greased baking sheet, brush with oil, bake in 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

Serve hot with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.

Enjoy -- I'm sure you can't eat just one, that is why we doubled the recipe.

No comments: