About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Panna Cotta with Blackberry Sauce

Jason made panna cotta today, and I had to steal the picture and recipe, to bad I live so far far away as Ms. Halie says, I would have been having my share of this today. Big mistake on Jason's part, because we are having Christmas Dinner next Saturday. This will be dessert, right Jason!
More good news ~~~ I HAVE A CHRISTMAS TREE
picture and blog to follow.
AND~~~~ My BFF Nancy gave me a gift that I must keep a secret. You know those good kind of things that make you cry, well that is what I got from her. I was going to wait until Christmas to open it, but then I thought, "Maybe she gave me ........" Oh, I REALLY have to open it right now and sure enough, there it was. I will do a post on Christmas Day about this very inspirational gift.
Panna Cotta with Blackberry Sauce
INGREDIENTS
1/3 cup milk
1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS
1. Pour milk into a small bowl, and stir in the gelatin powder. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, stir together the heavy cream and sugar, and set over medium heat. Bring to a full boil, watching carefully, as the cream will quickly rise to the top of the pan. Pour the gelatin and milk into the cream, stirring until completely dissolved. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla and pour into six individual ramekin dishes.
3. Cool the ramekins uncovered at room temperature. When cool, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before serving.
Take to your mother's home for dessert!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the tree. And this panna cotta-something that I can eat. i might have to try it-can a novice make it?

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you liked the gift. Am hoping that others will like it too. Thanks for encouraging me to complete 'it'.

jayedee said...

boy howdy girl! with desserts like this one, you better walk those 10,000 a day! LOL LOL