About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, December 9, 2007

December Snow


I just had to post this great picture of my kids having so much fun in the snow. They had 10 inches at their house this morning. In spite of the harsh winter and hectic stressful nature of the season, or maybe because of all that, I'm glad they are able to take some time out to enjoy actually being together with each other. Now it's time to come inside and have some of Grandma's hot chocolate. To far to drive, so here is the recipe!
Grandma LeAnn's Hot Chocolate
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup Ghirardelli sweet ground chocolate
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 quart half and half
2 cups water
Mini marshmallows (optional)

In a large saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, ground chocolate, vanilla and salt;
mix well.
Over medium heat, slowly stir in milk and water; heat through, stirring occasionally.
DO NOT BOIL
Top with marshmallows, if desired.
TIP: Chocolate can be stored in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Mix well and reheat before serving.

5 comments:

Dana said...

Hi there!

I randomly found your blog because we share some of the same interests.

Based on those, I think you would be interested in my blog, about women's health and fitness.

www.asizableapple.com

It's updated every day throughout the week with tips and tricks to manage life nutritiously and healthy for the average busy woman on a budget.

Hope to see you reading on the site soon!

Thanks
- Dana

jayedee said...

heaven forbid i should lose an ounce thru the holiday season. i read this recipe and could feel the fat on my butt struggling for world dominion!
*sighs* c'est la vie. christmas is only once a year and i just put half and half on my grocery list! LOL

Darwin, Jen, Jensyn, Hurley, Violet, and Daphne said...

I can't believe how big Brevan and Haylie are. I guess I have not seen them in a few years. I love playing in the snow. I remember going tubing as a kid. I think that I should take Jensyn out-but now I know how dangerous it can be...I love hot chocolate too, that recipe looks awesome.

jayedee said...

do you think i can find the ground sweet chocolate anywhere!!?? i MUST have this hot chocolate! have you ever subbed anything for the ghiradelli?

my little farm arrived sometime this week! (i just opened the box yesterday) and those lil guys are much cuter in person! i love it! please thank nancy for me and thank you for hosting such an awesome giveaway!

jayedee said...

okie.......i ended up buying blocks of baker's sweet chocolate yesterday. i guess i'll have to grate it myself.
that's what i get for living in the lost world, i guess! can you tell i am absolutely determined to try this cocoa recipe? lol
wish me luck!