About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Ultimate Sign of Christmas

So far this season there is no Christmas tree in our home.
There's a tree in the grand hotel ~ Marriott
and this beautiful one in the park as well.
It's the sturdy kind that doesn't mind the snow
Take a look, sure enough there's snow on her!

BUT THERE IS NOT A TREE AT MY HOUSE!

With the organizational thing going on here, the old Christmas tree was donated to someone else's home...I don't know the lucky family, maybe it is still on the showroom of the DI, guess I could check that out. Actually the tree was somewhere around 40 years old, a few broken branches, a few lost pine needles, but in relatively good shape....but gone to reside with a new family this year. Deep sigh!

A week ago, I asked the DH if I bought a tree could I possibly store it in his HUGE warehouse....hmm he said, "Well, hmmm I don't have much room." Oh that through me into the spirit of Christmas --you betcha!

Moving forward to this morning.... DH said, "Should we get a Christmas Tree?" I of course playing the martyr role very well at this point said, "NOPE!"

So tonight I have made the decision to bring home the movie "The House without a Christmas Tree" when DH suggests that we watch a movie I'll be more than happy to start up the DVD player.

And soon he will be watching Addie who wants nothing more for the holidays than a what.....A CHRISTMAS TREE....and her father (good old Jason Robards), is that bitter, snarly, old coot who refuses to put up a tree due to events from the family's past. ~I know the story of my DH's Christmas past...he never got what the neighbor kids got....sad life...etc! Get over it already, he now has everything and anything his big heart desires!

Maybe this weekend I'll buy the tree after all and store it on his side of the garage!

Yes, I'm pretty festive about Christmas this year don't you think?


1 comment:

jayedee said...

ROFL! you stinker, you!