About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tomato Ravioli Soup




Tomato Soup is definitely on my list of comfort foods and when the weather is cold outside there is nothing like it! And when the garden is bursting with tomatoes there is nothing like it! Making this dish is simple and delicious.....even if DH complains that tomato soup is like drinking hot ketchup! What is he crazy, mad, or simply lacks faith in my culinary inspirations....? It's vegetarian and all!

Here's all you need...5 ingredients and water.....could it be any easier!
Tomato Basil Ravioli Soup




1 quart of tomatoes - thanks to dad we have a store room full


1 can tomato sauce


5 cups water


1 teaspoon salt


1 teaspoon basil - and a few fresh leaves for garnish


2 cups frozen cheese ravioli - or fresh if you are skilled in making them




Pour tomatoes in blender and pulse several times to cut tomatoes in small pieces. Pour into large pot. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Lower heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until ravioli is tender.


I know I said I wouldn't be here until New Year's Eve.....but it is cold outside and the computer looks so lonely without anyone sitting in the big easy chair.....so here I am ready or not!


1 comment:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I love love love tomato soup and this one sounds delish! I will try this soon - I know it won't be as good with "store bought" tomatoes, but it will havta due! Thanks for sharing :-)
Colleen