About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

Today I am sharing our salmon dish because it's simple, easy to do, the flavor is so intensely good, and our dear friends would like the recipe. DH was not a very big fish eater until he met me.....now he craves it and wants me to make it at least once a week. Thanks to J we have learned to cook it on a cedar plank...of course this is his picture!

Besides being very tasty, it's even good for you! Did you know that according to Web MD, a 3oz. serving of salmon has more vitamin D than 1 cup of milk? So it's a great way for all of us to increase are calcium intake, not to mention all the other health benefits .......Omega!!!!

Ingredients for marinade:

4 T lemon juice
1/2 lb butter
2 T soy sauce
Pepper
Chopped Parsley
Chopped Chives
Green Onion
Blend - warm in a double boiler.....DO NOT BOIL

Pour over salmon and let set until ready to grill.

Prep Cedar Plank:

You can purchase a cedar plank at any kitchen supply store for around $12 but DH picked up a 5' untreated cedar fence plank at Home Depot and cut into several planks....Yippie! Wash plank and soak in water for 3-4 hours. Plank will float so weigh it down with a heavy pot.

Grill Salmon:
Pre-heat grill on medium high heat. Place plank directly on grill. Allow plank to heat up and begin smoking before placing salmon on plank. When plank begins to smoke, lightly oil plank and place salmon, skin side down, on plank. Add sliced lemon and dill sprigs to fillets. Allow to cook, covered, for 10-12 or until salmon is pink and cooked through ...137 Degrees. I use a meat thermometer because you don't want to over cook fish. Remove from plank and serve.

Let me just tell you it comes out perfect every time! Deliciously moist..... never dried or overcooked, if you cook it to exactly 137 degrees, I guarantee it will turn out for you.

As good as any Salmon Bake you'll ever attend........but then again you have to do the work! We still have a family tradition of attending the Garland Salmon Bake 1st Saturday of June every year......and I don't have to clean up anything!

Enjoy





1 comment:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

This looks great! I love salmon and I've had the plank salmon at McGrath's but this looks MUCH better! Thanks for sharing - into my "Recipe" file!
Colleen