About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Old But Trendy -


DH has always had a reluctance to pin, nail, or stick stuff to our walls. His complaint, “The holes are so ugly, so permanent, and the sticky stuff doesn’t come off at all….. so...there!”

Whatever the reason, this pin,nail, sticky stuff-phobia had kept me from beautifying the walls of our home……although the description can differ depending on whether you ask me or DH as to what beautifying means.

For years the walls were barren, lonely canvases begging to be decorated, crying out for me to somehow improve the décor! Finally, one day in the not-so-far-off past, vinyl entered my life…..we now have sayings stuck everywhere…

……..Which brought me to my Sentimental Sunday Post for today. I knew about vinyl long before it became trendy. I’m not sure if my parents had the same phobia as DH, but I think Mom was just a little on the exasperated side of the scale when she saw her new remodeled bathroom with this…………… stuck to the walls! Groovy huh?

Hope it brings a smile now…..cause it’s still there! Thanks Mom and Dad for putting up with all my exuberance as a child! I was such a happy child!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The sticky stuff is one thing, but, years ago, my daughter and her friends decided to autograph the walls in her bedroom -- all of the walls from top to bottom! Your DH wouldn't have liked that at all, I'm sure.