About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Thompson Halloween Extravaganza

Ali and the kids

Ali and Amber Our Halloween Pumpkin Carving Party started 9 years ago??? We “NOW” always do the party the “Saturday” before Halloween. I honestly think it is one of our family’s most enjoyable annual amusements. This year I asked everyone to bring their own pumpkin for carving. I have found that there was always the proverbial haggling that took place when it was time to choose from the pumpkins I had purchased. Pumpkins never appear the way they do in the field once their are brought home. I truly looked for the most perfect, most plump, roundest, orangest….hear hear you say orangest isn’t a word….just ask the grandkids it is! Now the kids are ready to carve!

ali halloween 2009 Mrs_edited-1

Full of good cheer and way to much food…..our party comes to a close with promises that we will do it again next year. We have already decided that we will have a barbecue with all the fixins’! Anthony brought some yummy meat that made us decide……….yes that is what we want next year!

Our Halloween party reminds me that the most potent and magical spell a parent can bless upon her children are memories of a good time!

Tonight is the night
When dead leaves fly
Like witches on switches
Across the sky,
When elf and sprite
Flit through the night
On a moony sheen.


Tonight is the night
When leaves make a sound
Like a gnome in his home
Under the ground,
When spooks and trolls
Creep out of holes
Mossy and green.


Tonight is the night
When pumpkins stare
Through sheaves and leaves everywhere,
When ghouls and ghost and goblin host
Dance round their queen.
It's Halloween

2 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

What fun! Scary and fun and did I mention scary? Hope all the kiddos have a great time on Saturday as well..w=how fun for them!? Two Halloweens :-)

Nancy Mc said...

You do know how to throw a great party! Looks like every one had tons of fun. You are an amazing grandma/mom.