About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Monday, October 5, 2009

Life is Good….with lots more to follow!

The weather today was a constant drizzle of rain, which made the grand kids pretty fidgety. We did breakfast, got in the hot tub, and watched a movie…..all before 10:00 AM. Time to break out of the doldrums' and head for an adventure! I really don’t enjoy driving in the rain, which might turn to snow at any minute in Utah, but we needed to get out of the house. So we head to Taggart’s Grill for lunch. It’s a drive …..and the “Are we almost thereS” started when we got to the mouth of the canyon! When we arrived I knew it was all worth it when the kids jumped out of the car and saw the peacocks coming towards us in the parking lot. Cool huh!

peacock at taggarts

taggarts

Taggart’s is a charming log cabin restaurant and the kids thought it was pretty cool that it looks a lot like their cabin. The peacocks run free on the grounds surrounding the restaurant….. nature and learning at it’s finest.

outdoor seating

There’s plenty of outdoor eating, but it’s October and we live in Utah…..and you can’t trust the weather!waiting for lunch So we found a table next to the window so the kids could watch the peacocks stroll by. I only wish they would have had the fireplace burning today! We enjoyed a hot dog for Halie, a pizza for Brevin, a salmon sandwich for Ali and I ate whatever they couldn’t. We also had an artichoke dip appetizer and I got my fair share!

Thanks for sharing the kids with us this weekend.

We had tons of fun! I will always cherish the times I get to spend with my family. Today we traveled through a storm and actually enjoyed dancing in the rain!

Life is Good!

No comments: