About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Living in the Flow Verse 8

Verse 8The supreme good is like water,

which nourishes all things without trying to.

It flows to low places loathed by all men.

Therefore, it is like the Tao.

Live in accordance with the nature of things.

In dwelling, be close to the land.

In meditation, go deep in the heart.

In dealing with others, be gentle and kind.

Stand by your word.

Govern with equity.

Be timely in choosing the right moment.

One who lives in accordance with nature

does not go against the way of things.

He moves in harmony with the present moment,

always knowing the truth of just what to do.

The message so clear and simple, just like the flow of water………you can’t force things, they will always take their own path.   I all too often want to interfere with what is going on in the lives of those I love.   Sometime my interference is met with resistance.  As I read this verse I was able to see that if I  attempt to exert my will, I am becoming likely be a bolder in the stream that they will indeed try to go around.  What a AHA moment….I  realized that, in nature, when an obstruction impedes the flow of water in a river, the river simply cuts a new channel around it. While flowing through this new channel, the river is also slowly eroding the edges of the obstruction so that, in time, it melts away. So while I can give advice and counsel, it really is just an obstacle that they will flow over or go around.   

We all know, without question, that water is not always calm and peaceful. A river can have many lazy pools, a simple flowing current and just around the bend it can be filled white water rapids. I know there are times in my life when I become that white water rapid to those around me. Maybe it is because I think action needs to be taken.  I want to be a nourishment to others.   I want to live in harmony and kindness all the days of my life.  I want to flow like a river and when obstacles get in the way I need to learn to behave as a river, flowing around those obstacles, hopefully accomplishing more by learning to flow with or around challenges. 

Today I will drink water from the artesian well and say a pray of gratitude for this free flowing, life sustaining element!

No comments: