About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lemon & Honey ~ Dash of Cinnamon

 

We all know that if we feel good, we look good. Don’t we all want to stay healthy and fit in winter, spring, summer or fall?  Here's a tip that my mom has passed to me and I want to share it with all of you.  My daughter couldn’t stand tea, but she is a true believer now, even asking me to make her a cup quite often!

Simple, Easy, and Tasty:

Several of lemons

32 ounce jar of honeyhoney lemon tea base

In a medium sized container (roughly 7" in diameter and 5" deep). Slice the lemons thinly, about 1/8 inch. Discard the ends of the lemons and as many seeds as you have patience to pick out.

Layer the lemon slices in the container until full.

Next, pour the honey on top of the lemon slices. It takes several minutes for the sticky layers of honey to fill the spaces among the lemon slices. Once the container is filled with a solid mass of lemon slices and honey, seal tightly and place the container in the fridge. It takes 6 to 8 hours for a magical chemical process to completely turn the lemon slices and honey into the lemon concentrate.

After about 3 or 4 hours, flip the Tupperware container so that it's laying on its top. You can adjust the recipe to any quantity you want to make.

So if you are a tea lover like me, do yourself a favor and grab a few lemons and some honey. Slice the lemons up and pack them into a container or jar.  Pour the honey over the lemons. Close jar. Refrigerate. for several hours.  

When you are feeling a sore throat coming on, or the sniffles, or a bit on the chilly side, or just want a warm cup of bliss, grab that jar out of the fridge and fill yourself up.  I use about 1 teaspoon of the mixture, one green tea bag, a dash of cinnamon, and 8 oz of piping hot water.  It takes about 3 – 5 minutes to steep!  You don’t have to put the tea bag into it if you just want the nice honey lemon flavor. Stop by and I’ll have a cup ready for you.  Lemon, honey, cinnamon and hot water are a drink that can keep you healthy in all seasons. 

4 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

Sounds yummy! Really 32 oz. of honey?

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

I just filled up the jar...It wasn't all of the 32 oz!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh this sounds sooo good! And I know several tea drinkers who are going to love this in their Christmas stockings! Thanks :-)

Nancy Mc said...

I am making this today. Can hardly wait for the magic to happen.