About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Enough is Enough Verse 9

To keep on filling

is not as good a stopping.

Over filled, the cupped hands drip,

better to stop pouring.

Sharpen a blade too much

and its edge will soon be lost.

Fill your house with jade and gold

and it brings insecurity.

Puff yourself with honor and pride

and no one can save you from a fall.

Retire when the work is done;

this is the way to heaven.Tao Verse 9

Once again I hear my name being called when I read this verse. You all know that I have been trying to change my eating habits for this year, several years….oh who knows how many now, and this verse and this picture remind me that healthy eating and weight loss go together….hand to mouth! It’s telling us to eat, but to stop when we’re full…..duh! Eat until our hunger is satisfied, and no more. That’s pretty good advice, but do I actually follow it?

It also tells us that we should seek joy and pleasure in our activities and our relationships. In order to do this, we need to slow down and enjoy our lives, our books, our children, our friends and our profession. Whenever I try to give out to much advice to my children it is ignored, whenever I eat to much I am uncomfortable, lucky for me I don’t drink…..so drinking to much is only a problem for those who do!

Today, I am thanking God because I know that what ever needs I have, He will meet my needs in His perfect timing and in His perfect way.

No comments: