About Me

My photo
I would say that I am curious, vivacious, gregarious, sometimes funny, intelligent, easy going, very passionate about the things I love, caring, thoughtful, and kind. Maybe that is a little over the top, but I think you can count on me to be very honest. LOL

Saturday, October 3, 2009

It's A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

I've got a really nice secret... and since I'm not very good at keeping them....I'm sharing a very nice restaurant with you today. Friday for lunch, my friend Nina and her Sister-in-law Julie, invited me to tag along with them to SLC. Of course there was a reason for the trip besides lunch.....we can get lunch just about anywhere. Gang Conference in Ogden....to busy for a quiet afternoon so off we go to The Marmalade District of SLC.

Salt Lake City's Marmalade Hill Historic District was named so because early street names reflected the fruit-bearing plants and trees imported and planted there by its early residents....Apricot, Quince, and Almond. Are you still reading for the secret?.......I'm getting there.


Our first stop was The Salt Lake Acting Company....we bought season tickets for the School Girls! This beautiful building was once an LDS Ward house....I know I couldn't believe it when I did my research! Doesn't look like an LDS Church does it! It was the center of the community in 1890 and it's the center of the community now with the diverse OFF BROADWAY Shows that we will be attending. I'm so excited....can't wait for a night out.

Okay here's the secret....it's Em's! Now that I've told you, please promise that you won't tell anyone else! Oh go ahead.....they will thank you for it.


Em's Restaurant is absolutely a great lunch or dinner spot in Salt Lake- the prices are still very reasonable and the food and service is incredible! Our waiter was a delight, he served every table inside and out! What a guy! Em's is right in the heart of the Marmalade district, one of the cutest....did I just say "Cutest"..... areas in Salt Lake. Plus there is still time this fall to head out for lunch and enjoy patio seating and a light salad or sandwich. Their patio is still full of beautiful flower arrangements and it is surrounded by green vines everywhere. We didn't eat outside, it was a little on the cool side for us, but there were several couples enjoying the beautiful fall day.

Here is what I had for lunch: Turkey, Bacon, Lettuce & Avocado with sun dried tomato aioli on a ciabatta bun. Of course it's Italian....actually means "carpet slipper" because it's flat like a slipper. The sandwich was at the reasonable price of only $7.00!

What's lunch out without a sampling of the dessert special.....Fresh Fruit and Berry Grand Marnier Crepe. Squisito......that's delicious my friends! Thanks for inviting me along Nina and Julie. Let's do it again in LA.

1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

You need to be writing for a food magazine. Great detail, and the food looks yummy.